Thursday, November 17, 2005

Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for Him; do not fret because of him who prospers in his way, because of the man who brings wicked schemes to pass.
--Psalm 37:7

God is really working on me right now. I met with a fabulously godly lady today, with whom I work, and had coffee. She was such an inspiration to me and gave me great words of wisdom and encouragement.

I've been frustrated for a while now as to why I can't seem to stay satisfied in the Lord--it's a constant battle between my selfish desires and what He wants for me. I guess I knew it all along, but it helped for someone else to verbalize it.

Tricky Satan has been trying to weasel his way into my thoughts and mind for a very long time...and even more so here lately. And just when I surrender to the Lord and get on my face before Him, I let my guard down and Satan clouds my focus on God.

I am coming to the place in my life where, more and more, I only want to say, "In all the world, there is no one else but You, dear God, there is no one else but You." If I am single for the rest of my life, if I never make tons of money or live in a fancy house or drive the best car or wear the most expensive clothes, or if I am never a supermodel look alike, then it's all OK...as long as I am in the center of God's will and I am completely and totally surrendered to Him.

You know what? Revelation...I think I'm falling in love with Him again...and Satan's trying desperately to prevent that from happening. For so long, I've let Satan convince me that I'm not worthy of God's love, that I don't deserve a relationship with my Lord, and that I'll never be a "good" Christian, but isn't that his job? The Bible makes it perfectly clear that he roams the earth seeking those he can destroy.

I am involved in this spiritual battle whether I want to be or not. And I must daily fight by humbling myself, staying in His Word, praying, and getting one-on-one with Him, so that nothing else will ever take His place. I'm finally convinced that there needs to be no other distractions in my life right now. I simply want to enjoy the intimacy of a growing relationship with My Savior.

No comments: