Monday, September 10, 2007

Celebrity Sighting

So...today I had to go to the Cingular store in Franklin (just 5 minutes from my job) to get my number changed. Apparently, my apartment peeps won't issue me a code to give out to family and friends so they can enter the gated complex without a number that has a 615 area code.

I went over my lunch break, so I was trying to make it quick before a 1:00 PM meeting. I got there around 12:15, and was immediately greeted by a nice young gentleman with an Australian accent at the counter. He pointed me to a representative down the way who quickly started the process to change my number.

During this time, I did happen to notice a guy walk in right behind me and come to rest at the counter just two feet to the left of me. He didn't waste time telling the sales associate that he wanted two iPhones with all the accessories. She quickly rang him up and blurted out a grand total of more than $900. He didn't blink an eye at the heavy price.

Immediately I thought to myself..."This guy must be a rich music producer or something of that nature."

Sure enough, in order to find out his identity, the sales associate said, "May I have your first name?"

The trendy fella with a chic faux-hawk and camo pants said, "Jeremy."

"May I have your last name?" she asked.

Without hesitation, he replied, "Camp."

A lightbulb went off in my head. Jeremy "Stinkin'" Camp? My eyes got as big as silver dollars and the 2-3 sales associates standing behind the counter noticed my reaction. They started snickering. It must've been a little too obvious.

He swiped his card and took off quickly with his purchase. But not before cordially thanking the sales associates and giving me a quick nod and a quiet "hello."

Upon his exit, the girl helping me out behind the counter said, "That's nothing. You just missed Carrie Underwood in here 45 minutes ago."

I love the Nashville area already. I think my shock and awe at wandering celebrities will wane in the near future. Hopefully.

1 comment:

Krista said...

awesome!!! can we hang out at the cingular store in a few weeks?