Thursday, June 19, 2008

Jesus is Lord of my life when...

My dad sent this to me this morning. He’s had it written on the inside cover of his Bible forever. I think he got it from one of Charles Stanley’s sermons a long time ago.

Every once in a while, he brings it out and e-mails it to my brother and me. It’s incredibly powerful. I hope I live my life every day just like this.

Jesus is Lord of my life when...
  • I obey the initial promptings of the Holy Spirit without argument.

  • I’m committed to do His will and I don’t even know His will.

  • I’m available to serve Him without regard to time, place, or requirements.

  • Pleasing Him takes priority over pleasing others and myself.

  • I acknowledge and recognize Him as the source for all my needs and desires.

  • I submit to His ownership and sovereign possession of all I am and all that I have.

  • I turn my failures and difficulties into times of opportunities for spiritual growth.

  • To know Him intimately becomes the ultimate obsession of my life.

No comments: