Wednesday, July 17, 2013

The Newest Love of My Life

She came bursting into the world on May 30. She was the tiniest (5-lb and some change), most beautiful, brown-skinned little love bug you've ever seen.


It took five weeks and a trek across four states for me to get to her. But when I finally did (over July 4th weekend), I fell head over heels in love.

We rocked, we laughed, we danced, we sang, we talked. That little muffin cake captured me with one look. She put a spell on me. And I haven't stopped thinking about her since.


It's funny. I never thought I could meet someone, and within 15 seconds, feel bonded for life. (I also never thought I had this many terms of endearment buried deep within me.)

But that's what happens with family. You share the same blood. You share the same hearts. You share the same name. It runs deep.


I also never believed all my auntie friends when they said how great this role is in their families. I couldn't understand why they loved their nieces and nephews so much. But now I do. I get it.


Isn't she the most precious little lamb? Don't you just want to squeeze her? Wasn't she just made to be showered in kisses?

I'm gonna teach her so much. I'm gonna love her so deeply. I'm gonna pray for her every day. I'm gonna sing to her often. I'm gonna spoil her rotten. We're basically already best friends.


World, meet my new niece, the prettiest girl I know...
Miss Penelope "Penny" Christopher.

Watch out for her. She's gonna knock your socks off for the rest of her days. Straight to Harvard—I'm calling it.


P.S. Shout out to my bro and sis-in-law for making such an amazing little person. Y'all did real good.

2 comments:

Kara Langley said...

So happy for you! Being an aunt is amazing!!!

Kara Langley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.